Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced it ranked No. 1 in four of the top five key selection criteria when service providers choose networking vendors, according to IHS Markit’s just-published Router & Switch Vendor Leadership Service Provider Survey. The 12th annual report evaluated service providers’ perception among the top edge/core router and carrier Ethernet switch (CES) manufacturers, and revealed Juniper outranks others in the industry in technology innovation, product reliability, service and support and security ahead of Cisco, Huawei and Nokia. Juniper also ranked No. 2 in price-to-performance – just behind Huawei.
IHS’s Router & Switch Vendor Leadership Service Provider Survey provides insights into service provider opinions of edge/core router and CES manufacturers. The study covers vendor selection criteria, vendors installed and under evaluation, operator ratings of vendors, and includes a leadership scorecard based on key criteria.
According to the report, which identified the top selection criteria and how vendors ranked in service providers’ eyes, Juniper ranked No. 1 in four of the top five areas:
- Technology innovation: Juniper had the highest operator score of 51 percent, when operators indicated their top 3 for technology innovation, followed by Cisco and Nokia.
- Product reliability: Juniper scored 55 percent, followed by Cisco and Nokia.
- Service and Support: Juniper scored 48 percent, followed by Cisco and Nokia.
- Security: Juniper scored 51.4 percent, ahead of Cisco and Nokia.
- Price-to-performance ratio: Juniper scored 38 percent, garnering the No. 2 spot, just behind Huawei and ahead of Nokia and Cisco.